[PEAK] PEAK and Eggs

Giles Brown giles_brown at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 12:28:47 EDT 2006

>From: "Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com>
>One particular mismatch here is that a program could potentially add other
>eggs/plugins at runtime, thus expanding the available entry points.  But
>property namespaces are frozen once you read them, and iterating over a
>property namespace prevents any new entries from being added after that
>point.
Ok.  I see.  So if I want a sequence of items to populate a (potentially
changing during run-time)
menu and these items are defined as extension points in various eggs, then
my
configuration should simply configure an object (with the entry point
group/names)
to supply this list when requested.

That clarifies things.  Thanks.

Giles