[PEAK] PEAK and Eggs

Giles Brown giles_brown at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 05:52:52 EDT 2006

>From: "Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com>
>Yes.  You might look at config.Namespace objects for inspiration, as
>something like that could be used to map an entry point group into a
>property namespace.
Ok, here's a bit of a weakness in my understanding.  The uses of Namespace
in peak.ini
all seem to involve using wildcard property names.   Taking for example the
use of
config.Namespace('environ.*'), the nature of these property names is such
that
if I try and iterate them using config.iterKeys() all I get back is the
wildcard rule.
So if I made a section with a (not yet written) EntryPoint() rule looking
like

[egg.boxes]
* = EntryPoints(<some params here>)

how would I list all the egg boxes I had in various egg distributions?

Also why would it be better to look at using Namespace() than creating a new
type of
loader (to be registered in "[peak.config.loaders]")?  Or is there a reason
I need to do both?

Giles