[PEAK] Interfaces

gabriel.j at telia.com gabriel.j at telia.com
Fri Jul 7 03:58:02 EDT 2006

Well I got RuleDispatch and PyProtocols installed now and played with
it yesterday.
One thing that I noticed is that it was simple enough to register
stuff that should happen as that is what it was built for. I however
have a few thoughts about removing code that has been registered.

On PUB I would like for writers to be able to combine together objects
that have been already written.
RuleDispatch makes it easy as hell to create new checks on an object
like adding a lock. However I want it to be just as easy to remove the
same lock by removing a component.

In my mind components will exist in a list on the object they react
with and doing a delComponent should effectivly remove any trace of it.
I have no idea how to do this with your RuleDispatch or even if it is
meaningfull, there might be something I am missing but I believe that
it would greatly add to the flexibility of our system instead of just
changing it.

I would appreciate any pointers. :)

Cheers
Gabriel