[PEAK] Problem installng ez_setup

Ivan Vilata i Balaguer ivan at selidor.net
Wed Nov 30 03:36:05 EST 2005

En/na Jon Rosen ha escrit::

> We are using Debian.  Python2.4 is installed in /usr/bin (and is in the
> path).  Site-packages is installed in /usr/lib/python2.4.  I placed
> ez_setup.py in the site-packages directory.
>
> When I execute it uisng "python2.4 ez_setup.py", I get the following
> output:
>
> jon at qasup1:/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages$ python2.4 ez_setup.py
> Downloading
> http://cheeseshop.python.org/packages/2.4/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6a8-py2.4.egg
>
> error: invalid Python installation: unable to open
> /usr/lib/python2.4/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)
> jon at qasup1:/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages$

The file you are talking about is included in the ``python2.4-dev``
package, which includes basic support for Python development.  You can
look for files in not-yet-installed Debian packages by using
packages.debian.org.

Good luck,

::

  Ivan Vilata i Balaguer   @ Welcome to the European Banana Republic! @