[PEAK] Installation Issue

Jay Parlar parlar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 15:38:28 EDT 2005

Everytime I've tried to install the Windows EasyInstall executable, I
always get:

#!c:\Python23\python.exe

at the top of Python24/Scripts/easy_install.py

I choose Python24 as the default distro when the EasyInstaller asks me
(I have an old 2.3 install still on the machine), but I always get the
Python23 at the top of the script.

I tried this on a colleague's machine as well (he too has both an old
2.3 install and a current 2.4 install), and he saw the same problem.

Any thoughts on it? And would this message be better served by sending
it to the distutils-sig or somewhere else?

Thanks,
Jay P.