[PEAK] Serving a Nevow WSGI app with 'peak supervise'

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Jul 18 12:59:03 EDT 2005

At 12:42 PM 7/18/2005 -0400, Andy Gross wrote:

>I'd like to serve a Nevow app with FastCGI and PEAK's 'supervise'
>tool, but I keep stumbling over exactly how to set this up.  Forgive
>me if I've missed something obvious in the docs or on the list ..
>
>Anyways, Nevow has an adapter function that takes a Nevow page and
>returns a standard WSGI calllable.  What's the right magic for
>setting up a 'supervise' instance to serve this?
>
>I'm currently doing something like:
>
>#!/usr/local/bin/peak supervise
>
>Command FastCGI fd.socket:stdin WSGI import:my_app.wsgi_app
>PidFile /var/run/my_app.pid
>
>I can't seem to figure out what my_app.wsgi_app needs to be.  Given a
>(non-peak) WSGI-callable, is it possible to make this work?

It should work with that setup, if wsgi_app is a WSGI application
object.  Does it work with a trivial WSGI app, e.g.:

     def simple_app(environ, start_response):
         """Simplest possible application object"""
         status = '200 OK'
         response_headers = [('Content-type','text/plain')]
         start_response(status, response_headers)
         return ['Hello world!\n']

If it doesn't work with this app as 'wsgi_app', then there's something
wrong with the setup.  (E.g. the Command is wrong in some way that's not
immediately apparent to me.)  If it *does* work with this app then there's
something wrong with your current wsgi_app object.

Another way to test this is to use 'peak launch WSGI
import:my_app.wsgi_app' and see if you can get the app to come up in your
browser.  If it doesn't work, then the app is probably what's broken.