[PEAK] We're on Subversion now

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Jul 1 23:57:34 EDT 2005

Please use these URLS for access to the main PEAK projects:

     ViewCVS:  http://svn.eby-sarna.com/

     Anonymous SVN:
         svn://svn.eby-sarna.com/svnroot/wsgiref
         svn://svn.eby-sarna.com/svnroot/PEAK
         svn://svn.eby-sarna.com/svnroot/PyProtocols

I'll be updating all the various web pages that point to older stuff
soon.  For the moment, I've got to run the svn2cvs script manually to
backport stuff to CVS, so don't expect that to last for very long.  :)

Pretty much anything that's on the old CVS server is something I don't
intend to work on in the near future.  Such things might get moved to
Subversion if I resume work on them.  Otherwise, they should be considered
archived.

 From here on out, do not make checkins to CVS, only to Subversion.

I decided not to set up a Trac installation initially, because I'm not sure
how many subprojects we're going to end up splitting out, so I don't know
what the final site should look like.  Indeed, I'm imagining that most PEAK
projects won't need their own Trac installation just to have a wiki,
support, or even a changelog.  However, I may nonetheless want separate
installations in order to use the project-planning features and
timelines.  But, to do what I want might require some hacking on Trac to
wedge some kind of "subprojects" feature into it, so that milestones and
the timeline can be viewed separately for each subproject, and the Wiki
front page for each subproject is different.

Anyway, whatever tack I end up taking with that, it's currently lower on
the priorities list than my ongoing work on setuptools/EasyInstall, and the
PEAK breakup, especially the PyProtocols/RuleDispatch split, which is
holding up both projects from making a release at the moment.