[PEAK] peak launch

alexander smishlajev alex at ank-sia.com
Mon Jan 31 10:24:21 EST 2005

Phillip J. Eby wrote, at 29.01.2005 18:58:

>> on windows, 'peak launch' command does not work as expected because of
>> the socket implementation:
>>
>>     >>> import socket
>>     >>> socket.getfqdn('127.0.0.1')
>>     'alex'
>>
>> so i get "Connection refused" error in my browser, and have to edit the
>> url before i can see anything.
>
> Does it work if you remove the getfqdn from peak.tools.local_server?

yes it does.

> I'm having trouble remembering why I put that in there in the first
> place, so if nobody can think of a good reason to keep it, I guess we
> could drop it.

the only reason i can think of is having host name instead of ip address
in the url.

removing getfqdn will fix the issue, but still i think that it would be
nicer if the server preserves host name specified in .ini file or
command line parameter.

>> also, i would like 'peak serve' and 'peak launch' to print their base
>> url on start if that is possible.
>
> Maybe we should add a -v/--verbose flag for this?  Or would it really be
> necessary if the other stuff works correctly?

not necessary, but useful, especially for 'peak serve' command with
default (randomly picked) port number.

yes, i think that -v/--verbose flag is ok, but this issue is not
critical at all, so it's up to you whether to add such function and how
to control it.

best wishes,
alex.