[PEAK] peak launch

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sat Jan 29 11:58:27 EST 2005

At 08:06 PM 1/28/05 +0200, alexander smishlajev wrote:
>hello!
>
>on windows, 'peak launch' command does not work as expected because of
>the socket implementation:
>
>     >>> import socket
>     >>> socket.getfqdn('127.0.0.1')
>     'alex'
>
>so i get "Connection refused" error in my browser, and have to edit the
>url before i can see anything.

Does it work if you remove the getfqdn from peak.tools.local_server?  I'm
having trouble remembering why I put that in there in the first place, so
if nobody can think of a good reason to keep it, I guess we could drop it.

>even if i explicitely set peak.tools.server.url to localhost in
>peak.ini, the browser is run on calculated (broken) url instead of the
>address specified in peak.ini.

By the way you can now specify -h/--host and -p/--port on the command line
for peak launch and peak serve.

>also, i would like 'peak serve' and 'peak launch' to print their base
>url on start if that is possible.

Maybe we should add a -v/--verbose flag for this?  Or would it really be
necessary if the other stuff works correctly?