[PEAK] peak.web has landed (but is still very alpha)

alexander smishlajev alex at ank-sia.com
Fri Jan 21 12:28:55 EST 2005

Phillip J. Eby wrote, at 26.10.2004 8:11:

> That having been said, the basic concepts of views, resources, skins,
> layers, and PWT actually are quite stable, in that they've basically
> been there for quite some time.  It's only the details that have been
> fluctuating.  But what details!
>
> I don't have a firm plan yet for what comes next.  My first thought is
> that I'm going to take a bit of time off from coding to catch up on
> housework, bookkeeping, and other things I've been neglecting in the
> last three weeks.  Then, I think a next step might be to create some
> "Hello World" web apps to write up in the IntroToPeak tutorial on the
> Wiki.  This will help me polish up the API a little bit, as I discover
> what bits look really silly when you try to explain them to somebody
> else.  :)
>
> I don't expect to do a very in-depth tutorial, just enough to show how
> DMs map into the web layer, and basic templating.  After that, I'll
> probably move on to writing a simple blogging application.  But first,
> I'll have to design it, and in the process, there will probably arise
> issues with either the feature set or the API design of peak.web, and
> I'll be back to hacking on that stuff.
>
> I'll probably also take a few looks ahead at designing "tier 2"
> functionality like menus, web forms, and maybe even
> authentication/authorization.
>
> At this time, however, I don't have a planned delivery timeframe for any
> of these items.

there was no essential news in peak.web land since then, wasn't it?

we are planning to add web user interface to our PEAK-based server
application, and peak.web seems to be a natural platform choice.

at least quick introduction to tier1 functionality would be very helpful...

thank you.

best wishes,
alex.