[PEAK] Re: Variable binding and pattern matching

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 04:45:14 EST 2005

 --- "Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> But which syntax seemed more obvious for pattern matching?
> i.e. from these:
>
>      expr in Call.match( [isinstance], vars.inst, vars.cls in
Const)

Probably this one. But none of them stand out immediately as
"obvious" - this is likely to be because I haven't got a clear
picture of how the whole pattern matching stuff will fit together
yet. Don't treat this as a request for clarification - you've already
provided the detail I need! It's just that without a good use for all
this yet, I'm only skimming your messages. When I have a more
concrete need, I intend to go back and read everything a bit more
thoroughly.

At the moment, my comments are more from the perspective of someone
who isn't using GFs themselves, but has to read and understand
others' code using them. To that end, I'm skimming your messages and
seeing how the code examples "feel". One day when I have time, I will
probably grab the source of one of the PEAK modules using GFs, and
see how that feels in practice as well.

Hope this helps,
Paul.