[PEAK] Newbie PEAK Questions - Answers appreciated

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sun Aug 7 14:51:46 EDT 2005

At 01:36 PM 8/7/2005 -0400, Krys Wilken wrote:
>Hi Philip,
>
>Thanks for the fast response. :-)
>
>I checked out the latest svn revision and I have run into the dreaded
>python-2.4-building-extensions-in-windows-without-VC7.1 problem.

It's not that dreaded; a few minutes Googling for "python mingw" will find
you various places where people explain how to use the MinGW
compiler.  Alternately, there's a free Microsoft C compiler that's supposed
to work too, although I've never used it.

Last, but not least, there are current precompiled eggs for Windows Python
2.4 at the snapshots URL I gave you.  They are totally up-to-date, as I
haven't changed anything in Subversion since I created them.