[PEAK] Packaging peak apps

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Sep 29 13:40:44 EDT 2004

At 07:25 PM 9/29/04 +0200, Roché Compaan wrote:

>Should all be doable, except for copying in missing packages and
>modules. I determined which are missing by running the executable and
>letting the traceback tell me. If it is always the same files that are
>missing then it should work but it won't and will depend on how
>effective py2exe's module inspector is for a given application.

I'd recommend adding data to the distribution or options for the command,
that specifies missing modules.  That way, whenever you find something
missing, just add it to setup.py.

Actually, doesn't py2exe already have some kind of option for that?  If
not, maybe you can bug the author to add one.  Then you won't have to
duplicate anything.