[PEAK] Packaging peak apps

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Sep 23 10:07:10 EDT 2004

At 01:22 AM 9/23/04 -0400, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>Unfortunately, this is only the first of two obstacles to getting PEAK
>lazy modules to work with zipimport and py2exe.  The next step is getting
>zipimport to not create a new module object when the module already
>exists; i.e., getting it to follow the updated PEP 302 guidelines for
>reload().  Once that's done, it should work correctly for PEAK lazy
>imports, but not for actual reloading, which is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

Actually, I misspoke on this; it seems that the C API zipimport uses to
create the module will actually use the existing module object if
possible.  So, with the reload() fixes I've already committed, it should be
possible to use PEAK lazy modules with zipimport and py2exe.

This means Python 2.3.5, and the next beta of Python 2.4.  I don't know
when if 2.3.5 is planned, but 2.4b1 is scheduled for mid-October.