[PEAK] Packaging peak apps

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Sep 23 01:22:19 EDT 2004

At 07:06 PM 9/16/04 -0400, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>Well, it's good to know at least that the two weird bits are now taken
>care of, so basically what I'm going to do is add the test code, verify
>that it breaks, add your patch, verify that it works, and repeat that
>sequence for both the trunk and the 2.3 maintenance branch.
>
>I'm also going to modify PEP 302, which needs to explain reload()
>requirements, and fix the example loaders in test_importhooks to follow
>good reload() practice.

This has now been completed: PEP 302 is updated, and the trunk and 2.3
maintenance branches have been tested, patched, tested again, and checked
in, and bug #1029475 has been closed on Sourceforge.

Unfortunately, this is only the first of two obstacles to getting PEAK lazy
modules to work with zipimport and py2exe.  The next step is getting
zipimport to not create a new module object when the module already exists;
i.e., getting it to follow the updated PEP 302 guidelines for
reload().  Once that's done, it should work correctly for PEAK lazy
imports, but not for actual reloading, which is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.