[PEAK] Packaging peak apps

Stephen Haberman stephenh at chase3000.com
Thu Sep 16 16:45:23 EDT 2004

Took me a little while, but I finally got to splitting those that reload bug
up.

> * File a bug report for the PEP 302 issue (loader not carried through by
> reload function), and assign it to me

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1029475&group_id=5
470&atid=105470

> * Attach the patches for import.c and test_importhooks.py; leave off
> everything about zip importing.

Done.

> * Verify that this reduced patch set is correct; i.e. its test case should
> fail under unpatched 2.3 and 2.4, and succeed under patched 2.3 or 2.4.

Yep.

> * I will apply the patch for 2.4 and backport to the 2.3 maintenance
> branch, so that this can go in 2.3.5 as well as 2.4

Sounds good. I had to update my patch slightly, mainly for this new "newm"
variable, so you might have to backport that as well.

> * File a new bug report that is specific to the zipimport cache issue,
> along with the remaining (and now much smaller) patch set.  Getting
> somebody to look at that should now be a little easier, since it will only
> deal with zipimport and not PEP 302 generally.

Sounds good.

- Stephen