[PEAK] peak.web has landed (but is still very alpha)

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Oct 26 02:54:14 EDT 2004

At 06:29 PM 10/26/04 +1300, Nicholas Lee wrote:
>On 26/10/2004 6:11 p.m., Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>>"Hello World" web apps to write up in the IntroToPeak tutorial on the
>>Wiki.  This will help me polish up the API a little bit, as I discover
>>what bits look really silly when you try to explain them to somebody else.  :)
>>I don't expect to do a very in-depth tutorial, just enough to show how
>>DMs map into the web layer, and basic templating.  After that, I'll
>>probably move on to writing a simple blogging application.  But first,
>>I'll have to design it, and in the process, there will probably arise
>>issues with either the feature set or the API design of peak.web, and
>>I'll be back to hacking on that stuff.
>
>How about using the application here: http://pyre.third-bit.com/pywebblog/
>as the example for a demo application?

Because peak.web's "tier 1" functionality doesn't include any form
processing, authentication, etc.  The current functionality is designed to
support only "database publishing" applications that create essentially
static sites from dynamic data.  I'm sure we'll take on the shootout
eventually, as it doesn't require much of what's in tier 2: just
authentication and forms.