[PEAK] removing adaptions

Gabriel Jägenstedt gabriel.j at telia.com
Mon Oct 25 16:36:10 EDT 2004

> I don't know, because there's not enough here for me to even begin to
> understand what you're doing, how, or why.  :)
>
> But I will attempt to dissect a couple of clues anyway.  First, it's
> not clear to me that you are "adapting" anything here.  You've never
> once mentioned what you're adapting *from*.
>
> It sounds more to me like you are registering *implementations* of
> various things that you need, and then using them.  If that's so, then
> it's largely unrelated to adaptation; it's more like using PEAK's
> configuration facilities to register the availability of various
> services.  (And PEAK offers lots of very convenient ways to do things
> that sound a lot like the things you mention here.)
>
> However, if you *are* using adaptation to adapt *from* something, then
> you should keep that original something around if you need to adapt it
> to something else, as is strongly suggested by the PyProtocols manual.

It's quite hard to provide everything that is in the system as it is
spread out quite a bit. I'll create a pastebin and try to paste some of
the code.

one might note that the purpose of lingo in the bin is that it should
always be supplied with a string as first argument(pub.language) which
tells us which language to use. This is most often supplied va the
commandline but I want it to be possible to be changed if one wants.
(If it weren't for this fact there would be no problem)

PASTEBIN: http://rafb.net/paste/results/t2pvk170.html