[PEAK] Need help interpreting traceback

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Oct 20 14:50:30 EDT 2004

> At 01:19 PM 10/20/04 -0400, R. David Murray wrote:
> I'm confused.  Why does your 'AccountDM' try to obtain itself?

Yes, it does.  The Account objects can refer to each other in a
parent/child tree.  Is there a "best practices" way of doing this?
Currently I've tried sticking 'Account' in the referencedType field
of the domain model, but I'm not really clear on how string values
work there, so I won't be surprised if this causes me issues later.

> As to the answer to your question, I'm guessing the problem may lie in the
> fact that this is an AttributeError, and there are circumstances in which
> Python will mask an AttributeError because it doesn't realize the
> AttributeError is really nested in some other code.  But I think to fully
> answer your question, I'd need to see the code.

Well, since I've solved my immediate problem and have a debug
strategy if something similar crops up again, I'm not really worried
about it.  But if its something you'd like to track down I'll be
happy to send you the code.

--David