[PEAK] Need help interpreting traceback

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Oct 20 14:34:15 EDT 2004

At 01:19 PM 10/20/04 -0400, R. David Murray wrote:
>As soon as I sent that last email I found the spelling error.  What
>I did was to copy the Accounts=Obtain... from my Command object directly in
>to the loadacctsCmd.  The traceback I got from running it *that*
>way pointed right to the problem.  The question in my mind is why
>didn't I get *this* traceback when the DM was being acquired through
>the Command object?
>
>   File "/home/rdmurray/proj/fcgbilling/storage.py", line 5, in ?
>     class AccountDM(storage.EntityDM):
>   File "/home/rdmurray/proj/fcgbilling/storage.py", line 9, in AccountDM
>     Accounts = binding.Obtain(storage.DMfor(Account))
>AttributeError: 'LazyModule' object has no attribute 'DMfor'

I'm confused.  Why does your 'AccountDM' try to obtain itself?

As to the answer to your question, I'm guessing the problem may lie in the
fact that this is an AttributeError, and there are circumstances in which
Python will mask an AttributeError because it doesn't realize the
AttributeError is really nested in some other code.  But I think to fully
answer your question, I'd need to see the code.