[PEAK] Anybody using 'running.IRerunnableCGI'?

Ulrich Eck ueck at net-labs.de
Wed Oct 6 04:24:48 EDT 2004

Hey Phillip,

your plans for peak.web sound very promising.

all my projects that used peak.web were only for testing purposes,
so for my part .. just go ahead with refactoring p.w. .. i'll have
to adjust my stuff in any way to make it work with p.w.NG

cheers
Ulrich

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 03:32, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> Is anybody using the 'IRerunnableCGI' interface, either implementing it
> directly (as in 'examples/trivial_cgi'), or using it in some other way?
>
> Now that PEP 333 is stabilizing, I'd like to ditch IRerunnableCGI in favor
> of an 'IWSGIApplication' interface basd on PEP 333.  In the process, I'll
> be wanting to refactor all of PEAK's commands and containers that use
> IRerunnableCGI to use the new interface.
>
> For most of these, I could possibly write an adapter from IWSGIApplication
> to IRerunnableCGI, and then just deprecate IRerunnableCGI until the next
> release, but I'd rather not bother with maintaining the backward
> compatibility if nobody's using it.
>
> Please try to let me know soon if you'd like to make a case for retaining
> the old interface through the next release.  I'm working right now on the
> library that will be used to implement PEAK's WSGI gateways.

Ulrich Eck
net-labs Systemhaus GmbH
CEO & Code-Artist
Ebersberger Str. 46