[PEAK] Anybody using 'running.IRerunnableCGI'?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Oct 5 21:32:31 EDT 2004

Is anybody using the 'IRerunnableCGI' interface, either implementing it
directly (as in 'examples/trivial_cgi'), or using it in some other way?

Now that PEP 333 is stabilizing, I'd like to ditch IRerunnableCGI in favor
of an 'IWSGIApplication' interface basd on PEP 333.  In the process, I'll
be wanting to refactor all of PEAK's commands and containers that use
IRerunnableCGI to use the new interface.

For most of these, I could possibly write an adapter from IWSGIApplication
to IRerunnableCGI, and then just deprecate IRerunnableCGI until the next
release, but I'd rather not bother with maintaining the backward
compatibility if nobody's using it.

Please try to let me know soon if you'd like to make a case for retaining
the old interface through the next release.  I'm working right now on the
library that will be used to implement PEAK's WSGI gateways.