[PEAK] Type and class adaptation

Stephen Waterbury golux at comcast.net
Fri Nov 19 17:14:01 EST 2004

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> At 06:21 PM 11/19/04 +0100, Radek Kanovsky wrote:
>> Has anybody some solution or opinion? Did I miss something?
>
> Not that I can see.  It's a good solution, and a very nice use of the
> framework.  I'll doubtless be adding something very similar at some
> point.  It's also somewhat similar to how class and attribute metadata
> will likely be registered in future versions of PEAK.

This approach reminds me of Mike Fletcher's BasicProperty/BasicTypes
packages:

http://basicproperty.sourceforge.net/
http://basicproperty.sourceforge.net/pydoc/basicproperty.html
http://basicproperty.sourceforge.net/pydoc/basictypes.html
http://basicproperty.sourceforge.net/pydoc/basictypes.pythoninterfaces.html

I'm not sure if they would fit in with PEAK, though.  Probably
not.  I guess they would be an alternative to PEAK in this area.

Steve