[PEAK] model unit tests and a non-association QueryLink

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Nov 10 00:17:30 EST 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> Yes, use a QueryLink referencing a QueryDM.  One way to do this "cheaply"
> is to make your existing transaction-list QueryDM take a key that's an
> '(id,unbilled_only)' tuple, that it then uses when querying the SQL
> backend.  Then, the account state ends up with two query links, one to the
> full transaction list, the other to the unbilled ones.  Only the ones you
> actually use will be loaded.

This is cheaper just because I don't have to write/instantiate two different
QueryDMs?  But now I'm afraid I'm back to not understanding how the QueryLink
(called from the derived feature's get method?) knows when to recompute
its list.  I think I'm more confused now (*frown*).

> Also, keep in mind that QueryDM's need to use preloadState() on the DM
> whose objects they're loading, so that you don't have to go back and load
> those objects' states again.

Yes, that I gathered from the examples I've been working from.

--David