[PEAK] sql quoting

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Mon Nov 1 14:27:04 EST 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> application that already had its own quoting, and 2) most "enterprise"
> quality DBAPI drivers don't need it when you use the driver's argument
> interpolation.  However, I can see that it's possible a poorly-written
> Python driver that actually uses Python's '%' interpolation might fail to
> handle it properly.

My problem was that when I tried to pass the dictionary to sqlite
for the driver to quote, I didn't read the error message I got back
carefully enough and thought the dictionary wasn't getting passed
to sqlite.  Repeating the experiment I see that it is; now I just
have to figure out why I'm getting the error I'm getting.

--David