[PEAK] naming.lookup() vs config.lookupComponent()

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Jun 21 22:47:47 EDT 2004

At 06:53 PM 6/21/04 -0500, Doug Quale wrote:

>Why does the naming.lookup() try fail, and what is the difference
>between root.lookupComponent() and naming.lookup()?

By default, anObj.lookupComponent() "suggests" to the found component that
'anObj' is the found component's "parent" component.  naming.lookup() just
looks up the object in question.

I'm surprised, though, that your experiment hangs, as opposed to producing
some kind of error complaining about the absence of a configuration root.