[PEAK] An interesting presentation

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Jun 18 00:57:37 EDT 2004

At 04:52 PM 6/17/04 -0700, darryl wrote:
>Although I dont' really know how to code the "Service Area" component
>above the application instance as you describe above.

You don't have to, if you're using the "peak" script to run your
apps.  'config.makeRoot()' will make you one, however, if you need to do it
manually.  As it happens, config.IConfigurationRoot is a subclass of
config.IServiceArea, so the root component of a PEAK application is always
a service area.

However, an application can have more than one service area.  It's just not
that common.

(Oh, and to manually create one that's *not* a root component, you can just
instantiate a 'config.ServiceArea'.)