[PEAK] a potential patch for zconfig_loader

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Jun 16 00:28:07 EDT 2004

At 11:30 AM 6/15/04 -0700, Dave Peticolas wrote:

>Ah, I'm afraid I don't know how to 'use my schema directly'. :(
>I'm just starting to learn peak, I'm afraid. Is there some
>way to tell 'peak EventDriven' to use a different schema?

Yes.  If you look at 'peak.ini', under the 'peak.running.shortcuts'
section, you'll see that 'peak EventDriven' is just short for:

     peak zconfig.schema:pkgfile:peak.running/EventDriven.xml

So, if your schema was "myschema.xml" in "mypackage", you could do:

     peak zconfig.schema:pkgfile:mypackage/myschema.xml myconfigfile

to run "myconfigfile" using that schema.

Note, by the way, that your schema will need to "extend" the EventDriven
schema; see the ZConfig docs for more details.