[PEAK] FYI: PEAK no longer requires or interferes with ZODB

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Jun 11 00:29:21 EDT 2004

As of the change I just checked in, installing PEAK should no longer
conflict with any other 'persistence' package, as I've moved the
'persistence' we were using to 'peak.persistence'.  This is a temporary
change, until it can be removed altogether per my previous post.

(The only remaining package overlap is ZConfig: if 'zope.component' is
present, PEAK will not install its version of ZConfig, and will attempt to
use the one found locally.  This is not the most sensible strategy,
however, and I'll probably take a look at making it 'peak.ZConfig',
allowing us to be sure of the version we're using, and completely avoiding
any possible interference with other installed code.)

Anyway, some of you previously posted about issues with 'persistence', and
others griped about the need for Zope 3 in order to use 'peak.web'.  Please
let me know if any of these issues continue to exist.  Thanks.