[PEAK] removing deferred calls (addition to the `callLater` method)

Yaroslav Samchuk yarcat at ank-sia.com
Fri Jul 16 11:28:56 EDT 2004

Hello,

What do you thing about adding a method (let's call it `removeLater` or
`cancelLater`) to a scheduler (or, may be, somewhere else), which will
remove deffered call using, let's say, any identifier, which `callLater`
could return. This identifier, of couse, must be unique for all
currently existed laters.

In my opinion it could be really interesting, if we wanted to deffer a
call of any method, but considering some circumstances we have to
terminate a component not firing that method.

May be you have a machinery, which could do this, but I don't know that?

--
Best regards,
Yaroslav