[PEAK] Wiki changes

John Landahl john at landahl.org
Mon Jul 12 22:16:49 EDT 2004

I've made some fairly extensive changes to the main Wiki page, which included
moving existing text to separate pages and the addition of a "PEAK at a
Glance" diagram.  The diagram shows the primary components of PEAK as stacked
boxes, color coded to give a rough indication of stability.  Let me know if
there are any inaccuracies, if you can think of a better classification or
color scheme, if you think anything needs to be added (e.g. peak.tools), etc.

I've renamed the main title bar to "Introduction to PEAK" (from "PEAK
Developers' Center", which is already indicated in the main navbar) and added
two subsections, "Getting Started" and "Tutorials".  The "Getting Started"
section replaces the previous main text with short narratives on the primary
modules, which now have (or will have) their own separate pages.  The
existing text was moved to these separate pages, and FEATURES.txt was used to
fill in some of the gaps.  FEATURES.txt was also used for some of the
mini-narratives.

The Tutorials subsection highlights the IntroToPeak page and enumerates the
other user-contributed tutorials.  The old "User Contributions" section has
been renamed "Miscellaneous" for now, with it's remaining contents listed as
"to be categorized".  Finally, the stock FrontPage introductory text now has
its own section called "Using the Wiki".

There's still a lot of work to be done in fleshing out all the new pages, but
hopefully what's been done so far is a small step forward.