[PEAK] PyProtocols 0.9.3 Release Candidate 1
Phillip J. Eby
pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Jul 5 21:41:21 EDT 2004
PyProtocols 0.9.3 release candidate 1 is now available for
download. Assuming there are no bugs reported in the next 3-4 weeks, it
will become the 0.9.3 final release in early August.
What is PyProtocols?
PyProtocols is an extended implementation of PEP 246, adding a new
"declaration API" that lets you easily define your own interfaces and
adapters, and declare what adapters should be used to adapt what types,
objects, or interfaces. Using PyProtocols, you can easily make flexible
frameworks that you or other developers can extend without needing to
modify the base framework. PyProtocols interfaces can interoperate with
those of Twisted and Zope, or can be used entirely standalone.
PyProtocols may be used, modified, and distributed under the same terms and
conditions as Python or Zope.
What's new in version 0.9.3rc1? (Highlights)
* Adapter factories can now accept just one argument, the way Twisted and
Zope adapters do.
* Interface and protocol objects can be called, as a shortcut for 'adapt()'
(as Zope and Twisted interfaces do)
* You can now more easily install PyProtocols without a C compiler, using
the '--without-speedups' option to 'setup.py' (see the README.txt file for
* Numerous other bug fixes and enhancements - see CHANGES.txt for details.
IMPORTANT: If you are upgrading from a previous version of PyProtocols,
please read UPGRADING.txt for important information. Certain rarely-used
features have been deprecated, and others have changed slightly. Most
users should not experience any problems (except perhaps for
DeprecationWarnings), but please be sure to verify this before you upgrade
any production code from 0.9.2 to 0.9.3.
* Upgrading to PyProtocols 0.9.3 (and a look ahead to 1.0)
* Detailed Changes for all releases:
* Release notes, installation instructions, and browsable API docs:
* Source and Binary Releases:
* Reference Manual (HTML):
* Reference Manual (PDF):
* Browsable CVS Repository:
More information about the PEAK