[PEAK] Problems with the tutorial

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Jan 23 19:13:06 EST 2004

At 02:23 PM 1/22/04 -0600, Driver, David wrote:
>I started the tutorial and got to about page twelve. This is what I ended up
>with after three lines of code

>         passengers = binding.Make(dict)
>

>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<pyshell#4>", line 1, in ?
>     class Car(binding.Component):
>   File "<pyshell#4>", line 2, in Car
>     passengers = binding.Make(dict)
>AttributeError: 'LazyModule' object has no attribute 'Make'
> >>>
>Can someone help me out here. Where do I need to go to start to understand
>what peak is and how it works?
>Please reply directly to me because I am not currently a member of the list.

The tutorial is for PEAK 0.5a3; it appears you're using PEAK 0.5a2.  To get
0.5a3, you'll need to download from CVS (see
http://peak.telecommunity.com/Meta/SourceandBinaryReleases.html for info),
and you'll need a C compiler to install it.

Once you have that installed, you may want to look at

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/IntroToPeak

at least up through lesson 4.  (Lesson 5 doesn't work with any version of
PEAK as yet.)