[PEAK] config.loadConfigFile

John Landahl john at landahl.org
Wed Feb 25 16:45:21 EST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:38:34 -0500, Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com>
wrote:

> I don't know.  Define "broken".  :)

Broken means that until I installed the latest PEAK from CVS this morning,
binding.Obtain(IFoo) in the previously mentioned scheme worked as
expected.  Now I'm getting NameNotFound exceptions.  Neither the class
structure nor the configuration scheme has changed anytime recently.

> A service area uses factories defined in it, or in a parent, to create a
> "singleton" instance.  Doing a lookup on an interface listed in
> [Component Factories] will return an instance from the nearest
> containing service area.  Are you sure that all your components are
> looking things up in the *same* service area?

My top-level application component subclasses ServiceArea, all other
components exist below the app component in the hierarchy, and there are
no other service areas anywhere else in the hierarchy.  Like I said, it
all worked until this morning...