[PEAK] config.loadConfigFile

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Feb 25 16:38:34 EST 2004

At 01:26 PM 2/25/04 -0800, John Landahl wrote:
>I'm using config.loadConfigFile as a convenient way to use both .ini files
>and ZConfig.  When service areas came along my component factories stopped
>working, but this was fixed by subclassing the top-level app component
>from config.ServiceArea.
>
>I'm again faced with broken component factories, i.e. definitions in
>[Component Factories] in the .ini file loaded by config.loadConfigFile
>into the top-level app component.  Did anything change recently that might
>have broken this scheme?

I don't know.  Define "broken".  :)

A service area uses factories defined in it, or in a parent, to create a
"singleton" instance.  Doing a lookup on an interface listed in [Component
Factories] will return an instance from the nearest containing service
area.  Are you sure that all your components are looking things up in the
*same* service area?