[PEAK] New naming proposal: events.Thread -> events.Task

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Feb 5 21:36:31 EST 2004

On Feb 5, 2004, at 9:32 PM, Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> At 08:13 PM 2/5/04 -0500, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
>> This one gets my vote.. in Stackless, they're actually called
>> tasklets, so it makes sense to use similar terminology.
>
> Somewhat offtopic, but doesn't Stackless actually interleave tasklet
> execution?  I mean, you don't have to explicitly "yield" in tasklets,
> do you?  Or am I confused?

Yes and no.  You can optionally have it switch or stop running
automatically after a certain number of instructions have been
executed,  but normally it will switch whenever you do any
communication on a channel (whether it ends up blocking or not) and
when a tasklet explicitly calls schedule (to "yield" control).

-bob