[PEAK] I Can't Believe It's Not Threads(tm)!

Ty Sarna tsarna at sarna.org
Thu Feb 5 08:13:51 EST 2004

> Another thought...  Agents.  It preserves the notion of an autonomous
> thread of control (there's that pesky thread word again).

I like Agents. Fits well with some of the discussed ares for expansion,
such as using Agents for business rules, temporal rules, constraint
validation, keeping Mr. Anderson in line, etc. ;-)

> Forks.  Tendrils.  Flows.  Activities.  Threadlets.  Workers.  Filaments.

I like Tendrils and Filaments.

Forks is bad, because it doesn't.  Flows doesn't strike my fancy.
Activities would be very confusing in our main system at work :-).
Workers sounds like low-skill generic labor, as opposed to Agents, who
have a specific mission.  Threadlets sounds like it's a more
contained plug-in kind of thing with a real thread perhaps.

>  Although, 'events.agented(function)' seems a little weird.

and most of the other suggestions have the same issue (Tendrilized?
Filamental?) Maybe the answer is events.asAgent(function)?