[PEAK] PEAK under windows 2.3

wayne at larsen.st wayne at larsen.st
Tue Feb 3 13:10:22 EST 2004

> At 11:20 AM 2/3/04 -0600, wayne at larsen.st wrote:
>
>>Question 1: Does anybody run peak under cygwin with python 2.3?  It runs
>>fine for me in that environment, except I notice an unusually long
>> startup
>>delay?  For example, just running "peak" on the command line takes 5
>>seconds before it spits out the usage message.  This where it comes back
>>almost right away on my linux box.
>
> Interesting.  Have you tried profiling it?

Now that I have it running under windows (see below), I noticed that it
too took longer to start up than I expected.  Part of it at least was due
to a process already running.

>>Question 2: Is it possible to get peak running under Windows Python 2.3?
>>Compiling, I get errors like the following, for the extensions
>> buffer_gap,
>>_Code, and _speedups.
>>
> That looks odd, to say the least.  Where'd you get '.cpp' files from?
> PEAK
> source ships with '.c' files only.  Do you have Pyrex installed?  If so,
> what version?  And why are you running gcc from the command prompt,
> anyway,
> instead of using 'setup.py' to build?

Well, I didn't install Pyrex, but it was installed (must have been
installed as part of a different package).  After removing that I was able
to build and install.  As for running gcc from the command prompt, that
was just so I could remove -Wall from the command line, to filter out all
the warnings that were (are) being generated.

Thanks,
Wayne