[PEAK] Upgrading required Python version

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Dec 21 13:25:52 EST 2004

On Dec 21, 2004, at 11:28 AM, Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> At 12:27 PM 12/21/04 +0100, Ronald Oussoren wrote:
>> Lots of mac users are using python 2.3.0 because that's what shipped
>> with MacOS X 10.3.
>
> The important question, though, is whether lots of PEAK users are
> using Python 2.3.0, or whether a PEAK user is distributing
> applications to lots of Mac users with 2.3.0.

It's easy enough to provide a version of Python 2.4 embedded inside of
a Mac application.. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

I have distributed only two applications that depend on PEAK for Mac OS
X and Python 2.3.0, but they were one-offs and aren't going to be used
by many people.  If I had to build them again, I could easily switch to
2.4.

-bob