[PEAK] Status of PEAK events, etc. (was Re: PEAK tasks and yield)

Stephen C. Waterbury golux at comcast.net
Wed Apr 21 12:23:47 EDT 2004

Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> Note that peak.events can be used in a pure callback-oriented mode: just
> don't use Tasks.  Of course, at that point you almost might as well use
> Twisted, except that peak.events has a more general and more uniform
> model for events, conditions, values, semaphores, etc.

I see that peak.events is described in STATUS.txt as "basically done".
Some other statuses I see there are "very stable", "mostly stable",
"will probably suffer a major upheaval", "nearly empty", etc.
I'd assume that "basically done" is somewhere between "evolving"
(which it might still be, even though complete) and "stable".

STATUS.txt is very useful for prospective users of PEAK, but might
be even more so if it incorporated the concept of the matrix that
Bob Ippolito suggested and JP Calderone took a cut at yesterday for
the Twisted protocol implementations, to which JP added a simple
maturity scale of 1-10.  One approach might be to just make
STATUS.txt more like a table and just add the 1-10 maturity scale
as a column.

Obviously, Phillip, since you are doing the work, please regard this
as but a humble suggestion.  :)

Cheers,
Steve