[PEAK] PEAK and Twisted, revisited

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Apr 19 14:13:56 EDT 2004

At 12:53 PM 4/19/04 -0500, darryl wrote:
>Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>>Synchronous code is much easier to write than async code, and forking
>>eliminates most worries about race conditions, as well as bypassing any
>>GIL bottleneck.
>
>Is forking an option on windows?

AFAIK, only with Cygwin.  (But Windows isn't my preferred platform for
server deployment.)  Anyway, on Windows you can of course just launch
subprocesses instead of forking.  There's just a higher startup cost, even
if you just copy the contents of memory into the subprocess (as Cygwin does
to emulate forking) instead of starting a new program.