[PEAK] Problem with DB connection via domain socket

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Apr 12 18:28:08 EDT 2004

At 06:22 PM 4/12/04 -0400, Stephen C. Waterbury wrote:
>Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>
>>You probably want to change the password field to have:
>>     defaultValue = ''
>>     emptyOK = True
>>in its class body.  Then, you should end up with an empty string as the
>>password instead of None.
>
>Are you referring to the class body of
>peak.storage.SQL.GenericSQL_URL.passwd ?
>
>That seemed reasonable, so I made this modification:

>   class GenericSQL_URL(naming.URL.Base):
>       [ ... ]
>
>       class passwd(naming.URL.Field):
>+         defaultValue = ''
>+         emptyOK = True
>
>       class server( ...
>
>.. but I still get the same traceback.
>Is that the wrong place?

No, but I don't know exactly how your syntax changes (if any) are affecting
it.  I think you'd be better off jumping into the postmortem debugger and
examining the values being passed to the connect function.  Once you're
certain what the issue is, you may wish to change the connect() invocation
to only pass relevant arguments.  Please send a patch once you have
something that works.