[PEAK] bulletins example OF DOOM

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Apr 9 13:25:19 EDT 2004

At 01:15 PM 4/9/04 -0400, Stephen Waterbury wrote:
>So, onward:
>I tried 'adduser' and got the attached traceback.

 >  File
"/home/waterbug/sandbox/PEAKsb/bulletins/src/bulletins/storage.py", line
126, in CategoryDM
>     db = binding.bindTo(DATABASE)
>AttributeError: 'LazyModule' object has no attribute 'bindTo'

Looks like there's more work needed to update the bulletins example for
0.5a4.  'bindTo' was deprecated during 0.5a3 and removed at the start of
the a4 release cycle.  You might want to do a quick search and replace for
'bindTo', changing it to 'Obtain'.  There may be other such issues.

Alternatively, you might try downloading the 0.5a3 release and working with
that, as these various issues wouldn't arise.  There hasn't been a lot of
new stuff added since the a3 release as yet, so you won't be missing
much.  Mostly it's been bug fixes in the process supervisor tool.