[PEAK] need hints on PEAK twisted support

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Apr 8 14:14:57 EDT 2004

At 02:04 PM 4/8/04 -0400, Stephen C. Waterbury wrote:
>Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>>At 12:48 PM 4/8/04 -0400, Stephen C. Waterbury wrote:
>
>>>Now let's see how flexible PEAK is :> ...
>>>I have PostgreSQL installed, since I use it for my Twisted app.
>>>What would I have to change in the bulletins example to
>>>make it use PostgreSQL instead of SQLite?
>>Look a couple lines further up in the same file.  :)
>>Specifically, you'll want to change the bulletins.databaseURL to
>>something like:
>>'pgsql://someuser:somepw@somehost/somedb'
>>Or, 'psycopg://...' if you're using the PsycoPG driver insted of PygreSQL.
>
>How about 'pypgsql://...' ?  (Guess I'd have to create a new
>entry in names config ...?)

Yes, although you can also do it from inside of the 'bulletins' file, e.g.:

[peak.naming.schemes]
pypgsql = "path.to.your.URL.class"

And then you'll need to implement a URL class and a connection class; they
should be fairly easy to crib from the many examples in
peak.storage.SQL.  Feel free to contribute your successful result.  :)

(Hm.  Just how many Postgres drivers for Python *are* there?)