[PEAK] using peak from a zip file

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Apr 1 11:19:49 EST 2004

At 08:58 AM 4/1/04 -0600, Stephen Haberman wrote:

>So, it is a bug in reload.
>
>I suppose this is too much of a boundary case to warrant changing
>LazyModule to not use reload, but I might poke at it a bit.

If you can come up with test cases to prove that it still works right with
all the existing usage, feel free to submit a patch.  I used 'reload()'
because it was the Simplest Thing That Could Possibly Work.  If you use any
import facilities, they won't be the exact same module object, and that is
an absolute requirement.

Therefore, it would probably be better for you to work on fixing
'reload()', than to try to fudge PEAK's part of the code to work around
it.  If you hurry, your fix might be able to get into Python 2.3.4, which
is coming up in about a month, I think.