[TransWarp] PEAK with Python2.3

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Sep 18 08:30:40 EDT 2003

At 10:44 AM 9/18/03 +0200, Eckhard Jost wrote:
>Will you go on writing your 'Building Component-Based Application with Peak'
>document?

It's probably going to be significantly restructured in the near future.  I
think it's going to be more important in the short term to have a good
developer's guide, than to have a comprehensive tutorial.  So, I'll be
incorporating most of what's in the current tutorial, into a development
guide and reference manual.

>Why don't you make a book and sell it? I would by it! What Zope and
>Python needs to hold against Java is: good Docu! Your Docu is good, but not
>enough! May be I can help you in testing the examples.
>Maybe we can give PEAK a push to contintue?

Please see
http://www.eby-sarna.com/pipermail/transwarp/2003-July/000601.html for why
it's not ready for a book, or other promotion.  We are, after all, at
version 0.5...  alpha!

0.5 final, however, will not be released until it has a complete and solid
reference manual for everything that's a stable feature, and I don't mean
the reference generated by HappyDoc.