[TransWarp] PEAK with Python2.3

Eckhard Jost e.jost at eckhardjost.de
Wed Sep 17 12:44:31 EDT 2003

Am Mittwoch, 17. September 2003 18:21 schrieb Phillip J. Eby:
> At 02:10 PM 9/17/03 +0200, Eckhard Jost wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >my Zope-2.7.0-b2 is happily running under python2.3. And now I want to
> >replace
> >ZPatterns with PEAK for a new Projekt.
>
> That might be a bit premature, unless you're already comfortable with PEAK
> and what it currently does.

Hmm, so I have a problem now, because ZPatterns is not supportet for the new
Python-Versions anymore and PEAK is not ready to use? Do I have to take the
emergency exit called "Struts"?
Especially, I have no idea how to compile DynPersit.c with the newer
Python-Versions.

> >When I tryied to install PEAK-05a2 under python2.3 I got the following:
> >
> >   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/distutils/sysconfig.py", line 159, in
> >customize_compiler
> >     cpp = cc + " -E"           # not always
> >TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'
>
> Looks like a distutils problem ascertaining the C compiler.  Are you
> perhaps on Windows, and lacking a C compiler?

I am an Pinguin... ;-)
It works fine with python2.2.3.
I think you are maybe not totally right, because I compiled Zope-2.7.0-b2 and
plone without any problems with python2.3.