[TransWarp] ZConfig include files are not closed

alexander smishlajev alex at ank-sia.com
Wed Sep 10 14:35:56 EDT 2003

hello!

it appears that ZConfig never explicitely closes it's main files -
schema definition and the configuration file.  these files are closed by
garbage collector when corresponding resources go out of scope.

the problem is with config includes: if there is an '%include'
directive, then neither included file nor the main config is collected
by gc.  both files remain open while the application is active.  so we
have to shut down the server before we can edit it's configuration.

best wishes,
alex.

ps.  i am not sure if such info is on the topic of this list.  although
peak.load_zconfig is involved in the process, it is not guilty as far as
i understand.  i beg your pardon if ZConfig issues shouldn't be
discussed here.