[TransWarp] Towards a query theory, part 1: filters and correlation

alexander smishlajev alex at ank-sia.com
Wed Oct 15 00:54:47 EDT 2003

Ian Bicking wrote, at 14.10.2003 19:43:

>> * Support aggregation (count/min/max/avg) over groups (GROUP BY in SQL)
>
> I would not put this in the query.  It doesn't effect which objects we
> find, but rather what results we return.

... and that can change the network traffic from the sql server in
several orders of magnitude.

besides, aggregation performed by sql server in many cases is much more
efficient than whatever could be written in python.

maybe i just didn't unerstand what did you mean by "not put this in query"?

best wishes,
alex.