[TransWarp] PEAK Wiki

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Oct 13 16:58:30 EDT 2003

At 01:13 PM 10/13/03 -0700, John Landahl wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 09:28:49AM -0400, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> >
> > [standing ovation]  Fantastic work!  Beautiful!  Please continue.
>
>I don't know about all that, but it's a start at least.  And thanks for
>the additions today, they're exactly the sort of concepts I wanted to
>convey about binding.

Me too.  :)  But if I hadn't had your start on it, I wouldn't have known
what to add.

> > Perhaps I could rename it to the PEAK DevCenter?
>
>That sounds great.  What would you think of the idea of setting up a
>Subversion sandbox on telecommunity.com (or wherever makes sense) for
>the dev community to share code and other files?  It could be a big win
>in terms of collaboration amongst PEAKers; I definitely have a lot of
>little things I could write up and check in, which would probably go
>from there to the Wiki.  If it's not feasible to set it up on one of
>your domains, no problem; we could just use Savannah/SF/Tigris/whatever.

I don't know anything about hosting subversion, I'm afraid, and I don't
think I want to learn it just to support this effort.  If I was going to
take the time to learn a new revision control system, I'd probably want to
learn GNU Arch or one of its variants (such as the one being written in
Python).  However, if you were going to use Arch, there'd be no need to
have a special hosting location; everybody could just publish their own
archives.